Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Why the blog?

Things one does really not want to hear; "it's not you, it's me", "you are not the right person for this job", "I can't give you what you’re looking for", "we need to run more tests", and "you have a tumor" - those last two really putting the former into perspective. So why the blog? The last of 2007 has been spent dealing with some health craziness. After 41 years with all original parts, my first operation was brain surgery - might as well start at the top! Recovery has meant laying low; pain meds and spending some quality time with ones self. Not getting existential, however when you have that much alone time and you have just had brain surgery, it makes you think….2008 is going to be the year to celebrate life, be healthy, and most importantly...make a valiant attempt at the whole life~work balance concept. Who better to chat with than the amazing family and circles of friends who stuck with me through the whole journey?

So once I am cleared to resume my social life, I will post:
dining experiences/critique of local flavor – finally living the dream of being a food critic, fab bottles of cheer and where to find, new recipes along with some old school favorites – when kitchen renovation is done, and anything humorous that comes about. Stay tuned for NYE entry!

No comments: